Allcare Dental - A company that knew they were dishonest & didn't care !
In 2010 I needed dentures all of a sudden. At 43 I never thought I'd have to get dentures at such a young age. My sister who lives in Florida & I were talking about it and after we hung up she talked to my brother-in-law who'd had the same issues years ago and they decided to help me get dentures. She took out a loan through Care Credit.
I went in to the Allcare in Avon Indiana and set up all of my appointments with Jonathan, the office manager at the time. I went in a while later and had all of my upper teeth extracted. When they started that process they don't tell you if you've got scar tissue the Novocaine burns and wont numb you as it does normal tissue. The pain was excruciating but did he stop ? No ! He just became totally pissed at me for making it difficult for him. He told me he was done & I asked why & he said he didn't have time for a whiner. After the uppers were done I came back 2 weeks later for the lowers and when I got there I was told they've got to reschedule & I'd have to go out to the far east side to another store. Anyway, teeth all out and partially healed went in to be fit for my teeth which were cast while I still had my old teeth in. They gave me my teeth, which they called temporary and said after all my swelling was gone I'd be able to be cast for my new permanent ones. A month later I go in, mind you that my sister has already paid $6,000.00, I asked for Jonathan and was told he was no longer with the company. I was kinda in shock when they said that but thought oh well everything should be okay. I go in the back for my appointment and asked when I was being fit for my permanent dentures and the nurse said, "Those ARE your permanent ones." I looked at her and told her that no they weren't and explained to her the agreement Jonathan & I had & she says well I'm sorry but he's no longer here & we can't do that. Of course I flipped out and she scurried off to get the "NEW" office manager. He came in and I explained the situation and he was about to say something when I looked at him & said, "I have the contract and you were paid $6000.00 for the temporary set and a permanent sent and 3 years of adjustments. He finally looked at the nurse & gave her the permission to cast my permanents.
About 3 or 4 days later I come in and get my permanents put in. Mind you that there wasn't any questions from them like, "How do they fit?" or such. They said, "Mr Petty on your way out set up an appointment to come back and get your first adjustment & we'll go from there." I said okay & went out front and set it up for 7 to 10 days later. When I go in for my appointment and walk up to the door I find it locked and they building empty and a note on the door saying "OUT OF BUSINESS" I was soooo PISSED and could do nothing about it. On top of that my sister wasted her money.
I went yesterday, to another dentiset to get my dentures relined and went back today,(2/21/2013) to get my uppers back & was told that my dentures that Allcare had made weren't made right and that the ONLY way to fix my problem was to throw these away and start over completely. The problem being is that I no longer have the money to do that even though the dentist I went to for the reline refunded me 70% of my money back because he felt bad because of what Allcare did & he couldn't fix it. So I'm out $6,000.00, let me rephrase that. My sister is out the $6000.00 and I still cant eat normal. Also the center of my dentures are wrong. Its a 1/2 inch to the left. If you look at my photos I've sent you'll see my lowers are so bad that I have to buy a product that I can only find at CVS called thermoplastic which is like a rubber/plastic material that costs $8.00 a tube & is the only thing that makes them fit.
I pray that karma pays back these truly dishonest people who it seems to me that when they decided to start their business planned to be dishonest right from the start.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "Woke up twice during wisdom (4) extraction. Never once did the oral surgeon stop/pause until I was out again. I was actually told to be quiet; apparently I was yelling...."
- "I have been told by six people at Kaiser that my doctor no longer works at Kaiser Permanente & I need to make an appointment with the new doctor I..."
- "I visited Sono Bello on 07/01/2015 for a laser liposuction procedure in St Louis Mo. I was left with one side of my back larger than the other. ..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."